Cover Supervisors Required!
Are you looking to get into teaching? Do you want to get experience of working with children but are unsure where to start?
Provide Education are currently recruiting for Cover Supervisors to work on a flexible basis across KS3, KS4 and KS5 for partnering Secondary schools accross Wakefield.
Schools are increasingly relying on more Cover Supervisors as a way to cover teacher absences. The role of a cover supervisor is to supervise and manage a classroom in the absence of a class teacher. As a Cover Supervisor you will ensure pre-prepared class work is complete and to manage students behaviour in accordance with school guidelines.
We are keen to hear from graduate calibre candidates or candidates with behavioural management experience with a keen interest in working within Secondary Schools. You must be confident of your abilities within a classroom based environment and have the ability to build relationships with pupils and other staff members.
Typical Full Day School hours are 8.15am-3.30pm with an hour for lunch. Any variance to this will be confirmed by your consultant prior to your assignment.
You must have a recent DBS that is on the DBS update service or be prepared to undertake a new DBS with Provide Education.
- Experience working with young people in schools or a community setting (voluntary work included)
- Experience managing behaviour and leading groups
- Flexible, punctual and reliable
- A degree qualification or a qualification in teaching and learning support (advantageous, not essential)
- The ability to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
- Responsible for the class in the teacher's absence
- Ensure that the lesson objectives set by the teacher are met
- Responsible for managing the behaviour of pupils during class time in line with the schools behaviour management policies
- Support pupils throughout the lesson, answering questions and overcoming difficulties they encounter
- Leave accurate feedback for the teacher about the lessons you have covered for when they return
- Ability to cover a variety of subjects throughout the day
Benefits of working with Provide Education
* Dedicated consultants committed to getting you work
* Competitive rates of pay
* Attractive refer a friend scheme
Please call on 01484 722 705 to arrange a registration appointment.
We have an experienced team of recruiters and teachers waiting to take your call. If you would like to join a professional friendly agency and are looking to move your career forward by gaining valuable experience or would like to earn some extra money by doing some supply then look no further.
We look forward to taking your call - evenings and weekends included!